I feel like many people have a good hold on taking care of themselves while also taking care of others. I am not one of those people. My “self care” usually involves hours and hours of laying in bed binge watching my current favorite tv shows on Netflix or Hulu. I think part of this is because I am so mentally drained from other aspects of my life that I put myself on the back burner. My health. Physically, emotionally and mentally. I can never stick to a routine, or a plan I have made for myself because I give up, or feel discouraged and don’t continue. That is not going to happen this time. July is just a few short days away and I am preparing for probably the hardest but most rewarding month of my life in terms of taking care of myself. I am going to give myself all 24 hours. I am going to be selfish with my time. I have some intentions/goals I have set for July. It is a lot of work. I am going to push myself more than I have ever pushed myself. I don’t expect this to go perfect. But I will not give up and I will push myself because this is what I need.
- Create a routine. Go to bed and wake up around the same time daily. Eat around the same times daily. Routine is key for me.
- Brush my teeth twice daily. Floss nightly. Brushing my teeth once a day is easy but I am not great at brushing at night and flossing. I only have one mouthful of teeth and I need to take care of them.
- Drink two liters of water minimum daily. I feel so much better when I get in my two liters.
- Wash face daily. I never had to wash my face daily when I was younger but my complexion is worse than it has ever been and it is time to really start taking care of it.
- Read and write daily. These are two things I love but don’t spend enough time doing.
- Walk my dog daily. His health is extremely important to me and I don’t spend enough time with him outside now that I have moved back home.
- Track things like my food, stress, menstrual cycle. This is for finding out triggers to my IBS, and my hormones and how best to control them.
- Try and workout as much as possible. Walks, cycling class, yoga class, stretching, at home workouts, etc. Whatever it may be but I need to stay active.
- Work. I am trying to get my work schedule to be consistent but currently it is not. I will do my best to work the rest of my goals around work while still working as much as possible. Hopefully my work schedule will become more of a routine at the beginning to middle of the month.
- Read my Codependency No More book.
When I look at this list it seems like a lot. But these are completely normal things that people do everyday. I have made goal lists like this before and I will have one bad day and completely give up but bad days are normal. It doesn’t mean I have to give up my dreams and plans. Sometimes it seems like others are given more than 24 hours in a day. But in reality I just waste so much of my time sitting on my phone and laying in bed watching tv. I need to be productive. Do something real and meaningful with my time. So that is my goal for July. Sort of a reboot on life and habits. I am extremely excited for what this next month has to come for me. I will report back at the end of July with an update post. Thanks for reading and I am glad to be back posting.